Are you struggling to know the difference between Scan to email and Scan to file? Or perhaps you just know how to do them.
Have you at any point lost an important document? Checking makes it hard to lose anything as long as it’s ordered appropriately.
Assuming you keep your records in paper structure, you are in danger of losing your data.
This could jeopardize your company because anyone can touch information and development and could alter it. Safeguarding that information should be an unquestionable requirement.
In this article, I’ll show you the quick steps to do them along with their differences.
Scan to email
Basically, scanning an email is quick and straightforward. With this innovation, you can send an archive or a picture straightforwardly to a person without having to touch it.
This innovation is nowadays broadly utilized in each office. It is by a long shot more favored than faxing, particularly while sending various pages or pictures.
- Scan to email steps
- You have to do the following steps on your PC.
- Open the Start menu.
- Find the Scan application and open it. You can also search it on your computer’s devices. All you have to do is select the connected and properly working scanner.
- Select the scanner you’ll use from the rundown and the kind of format you’ll be saving your outputs in.
- Check and change the picture’s settings on what you desire on your printer’s settings.
- Scan the documents.
- After that, save the file.
You can now share the scanned file with your email.
Scan to file
On the other hand, Scan to file is a quick interaction typically set up locally in your business. Other companies depend on IT individuals to deal with these.
It might not seem very easy, but it’s easy. The only difference is that instead of mailing the document, you’ll save it on a hard disk or somewhere on your network.
Scan to file Steps
Scanning to file is easy to do, too. The first thing you would have to check is a working scanner and your document.
- Set up a path or specific folder on your computer as a destination for your finished scans.
- Share settings of this folder.
- Edit the folder properties and sharing options. Make sure the network access is shared for “everyone.”
- Change the permission level to “Read/Write.”
- Click Share.
- You should see the words “Your folder is shared,”
- After that, go to your “Address Book.” Make sure to set the “Host Name” to the name of the computer you’re using.
- The name of the folder you made on step three is the name you’ll put under the “Folder Path field.”
- After that, you can now scan the documents. Rest assured that your files will go to that specific folder.
That’s super easy, right? I Bet even a non-IT could do it right.
Scanning makes it hard to lose anything as long as it’s an exact copy. This would keep the company from losing important files.
Reports can be controlled and changed effectively. You can typically find it faster than hunting through the many file organizers or hills of administrative work that mess your office.
If you still find this confusing, give us a call. We can provide you with experts that know scanners well. That’s understandable as scanners differ depending on the model.
If you are in Raleigh and you are looking for a Copier in Raleigh for your business, you may contact Clear Choice Technical Services in Raleigh. You can ask about Copier Leasing Services in Raleigh, Copier rental services in Raleigh, and Copier Repair in Raleigh.
Dial us today, and we’ll help you right away.
This article will give you the simple steps you’ll need to learn scanning to email and scanning to folder. Read more.